Southampton Hospital Charity is committed to the principles inherent in the GDPR and particularly to the concepts of privacy by design, the right to be forgotten, consent and a risk-based approach. In addition, we aim to ensure:
· transparency with regard to the use of data;
· that any processing is lawful, fair, transparent and necessary for a specific purpose;
· that data is accurate, kept up to date and removed when no longer necessary;
· that data is kept safely and securely.
The charity has adopted an opt in/legitimate interest policy and will review data held on an annual basis.
As a part of University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust the charity policy is in line with that of the Trust.
Fundraising group commitment;
As a fundraising group of Southampton Hospital Charity, we adhere to the principles of the GDPR by:
· being transparent with our supporters with regards to the use of their data;
· by processing your data in a lawful, fair, transparent and necessary way for the specific purpose you have gained their data for;
· that any data that we hold is accurate, kept up to date and removed when no longer necessary;
· that any data we hold is kept safely and securely.
The Charity’s privacy and legitimate interest statements can be found here:
Please contact Suzie Simmons,
Head of fundraising
Southampton Hospital Charity
023 8120 5221
if you have concerns or queries regarding the policy.